TOWN OF BEACON FALLS- CONSERVATION COMMISSION
2013 GOALS AND OBJECTIVES DRAFT
- Continue to manage assigned open space
- Complete marking the boundaries on Lantern Ridge
- Prepare report with recommendations and guidelines for public use
- Coordinate on site educational event
- Maintain reports on the open space parcels that are assigned to the Conservation Commission
- Continue work on the Natural Resource Inventory Report
- Coordinate a workshop for commissioners
- Continue outreach activity
- Coordinate event for Earth Day
- Participate in the Annual Duck/Kayak Race
- Communicate Conservation Commission resources, activity and related news i.e. invasive species, recycling, etc.via website and newspaper
- Network and Collaborate with Town Commissions, State and Local Conservation Commissions and Environmental Agencies.
- Indentify land parcels in Beacon Falls for future open space land purchases and land agreements.
- Continue to promote student involvement at meetings and conservation activities
- Update the Town of Beacon Falls Conservation Commission Ordinance.