Oak Ridge Waste is responsible for town-wide trash and recycling hauling and disposal. If Oak Ridge Waste missed your trash pick-up, please call them at 203-743-0405. Access their website here.
Normal Trash and Recycling Pick Up is Fridays. Oak Ridge Waste is closed only six (6) days per year. They are closed New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas. A holiday will delay your trash pickup until SATURDAY. Oak Ridge Holiday Hours: https://oakridgewaste.com/holiday-hours/
- Weather events may cause delays to trash pickup, so watch for announcements on delays.
- Residents are responsible for providing their own trash and recycling cans.
Recycle bins are no longer available from Public Works. Oak Ridge Waste will accept recycling material in any container with our recycle logo on it. Recycle stickers are available at the Beacon Falls Town Clerk's Office, First Selectman's Office, and Public Library. Put them on your trash container for pick up by the recycling truck.
- What to Recycle - Statewide What's In/What's Out Recycling Guide
- Town of Beacon Falls - Ordinance Relating to Recycling
- Before You Throw It Out
Bulky Waste/Transfer Station
To use the Transfer Station, residents must have proof of residence stickers affixed on their vehicle’s windshield. Stickers are $2 and can be purchased at the Beacon Falls Town Clerk’s Office in Town Hall.
The transfer station will open in the spring of 2020 and will be open on 4/25, 5/30, and 6/27 from 6:00am-1:30pm
- Beacon Falls Transfer Station Guide
- Recycle your electronics at the Transfer Station through Take 2 Electronics Recycling
How do I dispose of?