The purchasing function for the Town of Beacon Falls is carried out by its Finance Office. The Finance Office also works with our insurance agent to adequately insure all city property at the lowest possible cost. The Finance Office reviews purchase orders, invoices, and receiving reports for Town purchases, and completes disbursements to pay for goods and services received.
The Town of Beacon Falls cuts accounts payable checks each week on Wednesdays. All checks must be signed by the Town Treasurer and by at least 2 of the 3 Selectmen. Checks are mailed on Thursday or Friday of each week.
Doing Business with the Town
In order to do business with the Town of Beacon Falls, a vendor must:
- Supply a W-9
- Supply a Certificate of Insurance (COI) (if providing services on Town land)
- Supply a license (if applicable)
- Supply payment/performance bond(s) (if applicable)
- Not be delinquent on any amounts owed to the city
The Town purchasing process can be summarized as follows:
- Purchases up to $1,000 usually do not require a Purchase Order (PO)
- Purchases over $1,000 are usually ordered by purchase order and paid by check or electronic transfer
- Purchases between $10,000 and $19,999 usually require at least three informal quotes (*) from vendors; are ordered by purchase order and paid by check or electronic transfers
- Purchases $20,000 or higher usually require a formal public bid (*); are ordered by contract/ purchase order and are paid by check or electronic transfers.
* There are exceptions for items covered by State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services, Federal GSA, or other consortium-negotiated contracts as well as single-source items.
If you need a copy of the Town's W-9 form, Tax Exempt Certificate, CERT-134, or for Accounts Payable questions, please contact Erin Schwarz.
Finance Administrative Assistant
Town of Beacon Falls
10 Maple Avenue
Beacon Falls, CT 06403
Main: 203-729-4340 x2032