Click here for the official library website.
“The Library’s mission is to express the social and cultural foundations of the Town and to play a leadership role in building collaborations and networks. Its roles are to serve the residents as a community center, a learning place for children, and a source of life-long learning and popular materials for all residents.”
Currently, the Library plans on reopening to the public
on Monday, March 22nd.
As the health and safety of both our patrons and staff are of the utmost priority, we ask you to keep the following policies in mind:
- We will be temporarily altering our hours to match that of the Town Hall (Mon-Wed 9-4:30, Thurs 9-6:30PM, Fri 9-2:30). There will be no Saturday hours at this time.
- Entrance is by appointment only- please call ahead (203-729-1441) to reserve a time, or call up to the Library from the lower level entrance (Tax Office door) and someone will grant you entrance to the building when space permits.
- Masks and Social Distancing (6 ft.) will be required. Hand sanitizer is available upon entering the library.
- As we are a small space, this means that we ask you to be courteous of fellow patrons and mindful about maintaining the appropriate distance between family groups while browsing. We ask that you please be patient with others trying to share the library space with you, and please try to limit your browsing to 30 minutes or less.
- There will be a maximum of 4 people on each side of the library (adult and children's rooms). Please wait outside until you are called in if that number should be exceeded.
- Anyone visiting the library will be required to wear a face covering (a cloth or fabric mask that fits snugly over the nose and mouth). We can provide a mask if you do not have one. If for any reason you cannot wear one, will can offer the reasonable accommodation of curbside pickup for library materials and virtual assistance.
- Please do not enter the library if you have been feeling unwell.
- At this time computer stations are not available for public use; however, you may use your own devices to access our Wi-Fi and print. Library Wi-Fi now extends outside and into the parking lot. If you would like to print from outside during library hours and have staff bring your printouts to the curbside pickup table, please call us at 203-729-1441 and let us know.
- Please keep in mind that there is very limited seating at this time. If you are bringing your own laptop for use, there is a table available in the hallway that is available for this purpose.
- At this time games, toys and LEGOS have been stored away.
- For your safety and convenience, there is a self-checkout terminal available in the hallway. To use it, please have your library card ready.
- Curbside pickup will continue Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 AM- 3 PM. Take & Make program bags will still be located at the curbside pickup area under the lower-level awning.
- The Town Hall Elevator is limited to only two occupants at a time.
- During the current health crisis, children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult. This applies to computer visits, browsing and programs.
- Due to space limitations, we cannot accommodate any outside meetings, social gatherings, or tutoring sessions at this time.
- Please do not return any borrowed materials inside of the library. Please utilize the outdoor book and media boxes so that we may quarantine your returns for safety.
When browsing within the library, please do not return items to the shelf- please place anything you have touched but will not be checking out on the marked carts in each room.