Beacon Falls Taxpayers Keep Their Town 'Going' & 'Growing'
Remember each time a Road is repaired, Our Volunteer Fire/ Ambulance Dept goes on a call, a Child is Educated, a Policeman responds to an emergency, our Seniors enjoy the services of the Town's Mini bus or use the professional knowledge of our Town Nurse, pat yourself on the back.
You, the Tax Payer, accomplished all that plus much more - by paying your 'Fair Share'. Thank You.
It is the Tax Collector's responsibility to oversee that the collection of Real Estate, Personal Property Business Tax, and Motor Vehicle taxes are paid in a timely manner, and that every Tax Payer lives up to their responsibility.
- The Tax Assessor-determines values
- The Board of Finance determines the Mil rate
- The Board of Selectmen works with every Board, Commission, and Town Department, to maintain the annual budget which runs from July 1, to June 30th of each year.
- Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes - can be paid in full; however, the Town gives the option to pay in two (2) installments - July, and January.
- Motor Vehicle Taxes - must be paid in full during the month of July.
- Motor Vehicle Supplemental Tax - if applicable is due and payable in full during the month of January.
- Sewer/Water Assessments - if applicable are due and payable during the month of September.
To ensure that you are paying the lowest amount in taxes, pay on time.
- Per State Statues an annual Interest rate of 18% is applied the first of each month.
- Delinquent Motor Vehicle Tax Bills will keep you from registering your vehicle.
- Liens are placed on all delinquent Real Estate Property.
- Delinquent Taxes given for collection will entail a minimum 15% collection fee plus other legal charges.
The majority of Revenue comes from the payment of taxes. While the Town does require and need taxes to be paid in full when due, we realize that is not always possible.
If this is the case, please contact me as soon as possible so that we may go over the various options available to you.