Are you new to Beacon Falls? Here is a checklist for getting acquainted with the Town. Come to Town Hall to check these items off the list.
- The Assessor reminds you to contact State of CT Motor Vehicles Department to change your address and register your vehicles in Beacon Falls. Information and forms are here.
- Register to vote: Complete your voter registration card and return it to the Registars Office.
- License your dog: Complete the dog license application and return it to our Town Clerk’s Office.
- Do you have a home alarm? Register your alarm with our Police Department.
- Got junk? Buy a dump sticker for your vehicle to use the transfer station. Stickers are available for $2.00 in our Town Clerk’s office year-round or at the Public Works garage on days the dump is open.
- Obtain a recycle sticker for your trash can. Available at Town Hall in First Selectman’s Office, Library and Town Clerk’s Office.Trash and recycling are picked up weekly on Fridays by Oak Ridge Hauling. Residents need to provide their own trash and recycling bins.
- Get your library card. Visit our friendly librarians and see what the library has to offer here.
- Sign up for Code Red Emergency Announcements here.
- Sign up for Town News here.
- Are you working on your new home? Get familiar with the permit process by visiting the Land Use Office and talking to our Building Inspector and Zoning Officer.
- Join a community organization here .
- Do you have children interested in joining a recreational league? Learn more here .
We hope that you find the information here and on our website useful, but please always feel free to contact Town Hall at (203) 729-4340 if you have a question.
New residents may also feel free to reach out to Wendy and Mark Hopkinson, who head the Beacon Falls Congregational Church's local Welcome Committee at (203) 729-8802.